Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm on Facebook!

Well, that is, I'm on Facebook--not "Micah Girl." I held off joining for years and finally decided to sign up this week. It's been fun to see who else is on it and to reconnect with some people. I've been trying to show tremendous self-restraint and not be on it all the time. It's also strange because my only other major internet presence is anonymous blogging, and Facebook is the opposite of anonymous. I'm also mindful of the fact that once I get back into school or get another "real job" people are going to be checking it out, so I want it to be personal and honest, but keep it professional enough not to be embarassed about silliness. The thing I love about this blog is that I have freedom to just say what's on my mind without fear of a job interviewer quoting me on it.

My parents are coming to visit us for a week at the end of August/beginning of September and I am so excited! I've missed them so much, and I just pray that my dad especially will enjoy the time here and won't find it too stressful. He loves his routine and his health is not great (but I don't think his health is as bad as he thinks it is.)

I am studying for my GREs now and it's been interesting to see how much I have forgotten. However, I am slowly getting back to speed, especially with the math and geometry which I did manage to get A's and B's on (back in the 80's). The verbal part is just fun for me, and I relish reviewing vocabulary lists because I am that kind of geek. Ah, to be a full time geek again, how fun will that be??

It looks like another beautiful day. My kids are off to swim classes and then we have another young friend coming over to spend the afternoon. That means I'll have some time to study some more and just to sit and think. As if I don't do enough of that already.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?