Sunday, November 14, 2004

Contentment as a life's goal

A woman that I knew as an acquaintance for years once told me that I was the most content person she knew. How she felt she knew this about me, I am not sure, but I was deeply moved because that is one of my life's goals. I suppose it's something like receiving the blue ribbon for humility and then proudly wearing it, but I was very affirmed by her observation. My life has not been easy all the time. I have known suffering and loss, frustration and pain, boredom and malaise. However, in all of this I seek to find contentment-peace-joy-abundant life here and now because this is all I have right now. I believe in eternity, I believe in salvation through the blood of Christ, but I only have today right now. And I want to be like Paul. Content, gracious, loving, patient. And humble. So humble that someone gives me a blue ribbon.

Philippians 4: 12, 13 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?