Thursday, July 31, 2008

Anxiety

I have been having trouble sleeping because my mind goes into overdrive.

What if...

How will my family cope...

How could God allow...

Morbid thoughts swimming in my mind.

And yet, my God is faithful. He is in charge. He holds my days in His hand. Yet will I trust Him.

After many disciples turned away from Jesus, he asked the twelve if they also wanted to leave. I love Peter's response, and it is one that I often say in my own heart.

Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."
John 6:68, 69

Although I am frightened, where else can I go? Only to Jesus who has the words of eternal life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?