Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Busy-ness as a blessing

Busy-ness is sometimes my friend. We have family in town and have been entertaining my brother-in-law, his wife and their two kids. All the cousins are really enjoying their time together. My sister-in-law has also come back and plans to live with us indefinitely. We are planning several days at the lake starting tonight.

Last night my kids went to the open house at their school to meet their teachers and to get a little taste of what public school will be like after being homeschooled all this time. I have a fourth grader, third grader and first grader, all at the same school less than five minutes from the house. I joined the PTA, signed up for volunteer spots and expect to spend a good bit of time there. The kids are excited and some of their nervousness has dissipated because the teachers are very kind and nurturing. I know that I will have some separation anxiety, but I feel certain this will be a good experience for the kids.

But by being busy all day, I don't have much time to worry about biopsies or not spending as much time with my kids. Instead I go about my day and only at night do my worries haunt me. Fortunately most nights I'm tired so I'm not up long...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?