Saturday, November 20, 2004

Emergent Church Planting in Europe

Emergent Church Planting in Europe

I have been enjoying reading a blog about a fantasy job of mine: church planting in Europe.

I just posted a comment to a question about building a team ministry:

http://emergenteuropechurch.blogspot.com/2004/11/solo-or-team.html

In my experience managing a team ministry my biggest challenge is first to trust that God has brought together the right mix of people to accomplish His task, and second to identify gifting not only by what people think their gifts are, but also by my discernment and observation. After that it is to lead them by listening to their passions and diverse viewpoints and building consensus in order to further our ministry goals. This includes managing conflict without letting it drive the team apart. Just like in marriage, I think it is critical not to fight one another, but to fight for the relationship.

Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?