Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Planning and vision

As I am working through a time of ministry with my team where we are seeking to discern a new direction from God, it has been difficult. The unity that we have had on the team is not there in the same way as it appeared to be previously. Conflict is inevitable, especially in the face of change, and I don't pretend to know everything. However, the final responsibility for direction changes falls on me. I seek to lead by consensus, but I ultimately must make the final call. That was the reason for yesterday's "Aargh!"

In Proverbs 16 there is wise counsel regarding planning:

Proverbs 16
1 To man belong the plans of the heart,
but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.
(I have in my heart the outline of a vision for ministry in this place, but ultimately God decides whether or not it comes to pass.)

2 All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the LORD .
(Everything I do seems to me to be right and appropriate because I am not able to discern the truth of my own motives-nor can anyone else on my team.)

3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.
(I do commit to God what we are doing-I seek His direction, not my own, and submit myself to His plan-for His plans always succeed.)

4 The LORD works out everything for his own ends-
even the wicked for a day of disaster.
(God works everything out according to His plan because He is in charge...He even brings justice to the wicked.)

5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.
(Approaching God with a proud heart will not earn his favor or go without consequence. It is only in submitting oneself to Him, shifting the focus off myself and onto His plans that I can plan in accordance with what He wants.)

Help me, Lord, to honor You in all I plan and dream. For Your glory alone.

MicahGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?